Lady Maroons Take on State!

Lady Maroons winning 3rd at State Championship.

The Robinson High School girls basketball team had a very successful season this past year. The Lady Maroons  record for the 2023-2024 season was 29 wins-6 losses. The girls hard work this season gave them the opportunity to play at the IHSA Girls Basketball State Finals, which was record breaking for the school!

Leading up to state, the girls powered through regionals and sectionals. The Lady Maroons played Paris in the regional championship and came out on top with a score of 49-24. Next is when things started to get tough for the girls, and the games started to get closer. They went on to play Teutopolis in sectionals and came through winning with a close score of 59-55. These determined girls played their way through the super-sectional round, beating Peotone 45-36, sending them to the state finals.

The RHS Lady Maroons made their journey to Normal to play at Illinois State University on February 29th, with the rowdies, parents, fans, and their entire community rooting for them. The girls played their first game against Nashville and sadly lost 52-36. Although they lost this game, they still had to play one more for 3rd and 4th place. The Lady Maroons final game was against Regina Dominican High School. This game was a whirlwind of emotions as both teams were struggling to make shots. Inevitably, the Maroons came out on top 51-44, ending the season as 3rd in the state!

Getting to play in the state championships is exciting enough, but this was an even bigger deal for the Lady Maroons. There has never, in all history of Robinson sports, ever been a girls basketball team that has qualified for the state championship. This team made history, and their legacy will continue on! Congratulations Lady Maroons, especially seniors Taylor Blank, Elizabeth Shea, Katelyn Jones, Alexia Zane, Marissa Zane, Natalie Ramsey, Raegan Manhart, and Allison Meese.

I would also like to give a shout out to my favorite Maroon, Taylor Blank! You are awesome!