OPH Track at Red Hill

OPH girls and boys track team had a a good showing on Monday at Red Hill for their Senior Day. The boys team placed fourth behind Flora, Red Hill, and Patoka, beating out Lawrenceville and North Clay.

Top finishers for the boys were Elijah Estep, placing third in the 100 and 4th in the 200; Willis Strohm, placing 4th in the 400; TJ Pringle, who placed third in the 800; Grant Wampler, who was third in the shot put and fifth in the discus; and Ray Woodward, who was fifth in long jump.

The girls team came in second being edged out by Red Hill. Morgan Knoblett placed second in the long jump, Illayna Sheets placed 1st in the 200 and 3rd in the 100. Kielyn Wilson placed 2nd in the 200 and 4th in the hurdles. Valentine Kersten placed 1st in the 800 and 3rd in the 400. Abby Cheeseman placed 2nd in the 800, Daylen Beckes was 4th in the discus. The 4×100 team placed third and the 4×200 team placed first.

The Wildcats boys travelled to Cumberland on Tuesday and will wrap up the week on Friday in Newton. The girls will be in action on Monday in Newton.