OPH Baseball VS Red Hill

The game against Red Hill was originally supposed to be played on Tuesday, April 23, however, due to the rain that was in the forecast, the game was moved to the following day. Players and parents alike were happy that the game was moved because playing and sitting in the rain does not make for a good ball game. It was a nice day on April 24th, which made it a much more enjoyable game and the players were ready to play their best game. It was also senior night for 4 boys on the team. The seniors include Max Lewis, Kaden Bonesteel, Ace Coulter, and Grant Wampler.

Max Lewis started out the game pitching, and Bentley Cook was behind the plate. Ace Coulter was at 1st base, Lucas Blessing at 2nd, Riley Blank at short stop, and Caden Goodwin was at 3rd base. For the outfield it was Kaden Bonesteel in right, Rowan Bailey in center, and Cole Littlejohn in left field.

The game was kind of slow in the beginning. It would be the bottom of the 2nd inning before OPH put the first runs on the board. OPH would lead the game 2-0 up until the top of the 5th inning. This is where things got a little rough for OPH. Red Hill would end up scoring all 8 of their runs in the 5th inning. Then in the bottom of the 7th inning OPH would end up scoring 3 more runs to make the final score of the game 5-8.

Next week the OPH Wildcats baseball team has a few away games. On May 2nd, they will travel to Marshall. Then they will play in Robinson on May 3rd. Best of luck Wildcats!