Seniors Trip to LTC- April 10th

On Wednesday April 10th, while the freshman and sophomores were taking the PSAT’s and the Juniors were taking the SAT’s, the Seniors went to LTC for an “intro to college” day.

They were provided with breakfast first thing. After getting briefed on the flow of events by Andrea Loll, the enrollment manager at LTC, they were combined with the rest of the seniors in the cafeteria and were separated by which college they would be attending. If it was LTC, they went to the gym. Other colleges went to different locations.

Those who chose LTC were then led to the gym where there were booths set up to give information about things LTC has to offer and helping people to get advising appointments set up. After this, they were separated once again since the line for the advising appointment was so long, the ones who were already done were taken off to tour the rest of the college. Those who weren’t done yet were kept in the gym until they had all finished.

After they finished, they were led by three foreign exchange students to tour the rec center, which was newly built. After this tour, they were then led back to the Learning Commons, which is the Library. They were informed that there is 24/7 free counseling for LTC students, and many other amazing tools for students to utilize.

While in the Library, they were given a small tour of how to navigate the many tools and websites that LTC uses for homework, Grades, and others.

Finally, all seniors from all schools were gathered in the gym. After being introduced to several helpful staff members, they were spoke to about the importance of Financial Aid and its benefits.

This experience was very helpful for next year’s college freshman and will hopefully aid them in their college journeys!