Santa Workshop at PGS

Santa Workshop at PGS

December 11-15th is the annual Santa’s workshop at the Palestine Grade School. During this time students will have a great opportunity to buy gifts for their closest loved ones and friends that they may not have had the chance to do so without it being at the grade school. This gives children a chance to buy their loved ones and friends a surprise gift. Usually, they must have their parents or guardians drive them to the store to buy the gift and that takes the fun out of giving them a surprise gift. Most gifts through Santa’s Workshop are neat and are very affordable. Parents can go online and set a spending limit if they wish. They can set up a prepaid account for their students as well. If you have younger siblings or family members that are at the grade school, be sure to ask them if they know that this is coming up to ensure they are prepared and have a plan for which presents they are going to buy. Christmas is such a magical time and is the season of giving. One of the main reasons we have the custom of giving and receiving presents at Christmas is to remind us of the presents given to Jesus by the 3 Wise Men: Frankincense, Gold, and Myrrh. So, every year close to the date of Jesus’s birth people offer gifts to remember this occasion. On a closing note, and just a few fun facts regarding candy canes:

• They are meant to resemble a Shepherd’s Crook.
  • The white symbolizes purity while red represents atonement.