Warm weather dressing

Charlie Burkett
Made on canva.

With Spring coming in full force this week, and the temperature rapidly rising, the warm weather clothing is coming out! This transition in our wardrobe means finding a way to do so in an appropriate manner. Let’s find a way to achieve these goals while staying stylish!

These recent warm days have forced the shorts to come out of retirement. What is the #1 rule for shorts in schools? The infamous finger tip rule, of course. This rule states that the hem of your shorts must surpass the tip of your finger. Although I do not agree with this rule, and I don’t think it is too heavily enforced at Palestine High School, it is important to keep your shorts at an appropriate length. A style that fits this regulation aside from the typical bermuda cut is the boyfriend style. These provide a looser fit and longer hem. Perfect for those toasty days in the classroom!

Another item we are all wanting to wear as the weather gets warmer are tank tops. Spaghetti strap and halter tops are not permitted, however you may wear a top that has a strap that is three fingers in width. Many tank tops fit under the three-finger-width rule. Another alternative to a tank top is a baby tee. A baby tee is a smaller top to help control the heat, while also remaining appropriate.

Lastly, everyone is breaking out their favorite sandals. Luckily, there are no rules against shoes in the handbook. One of the most popular pairs of sandals students wear around the school are Birkenstocks. Birkenstocks “Birks” come in many different styles including one and multi strap, clogs, lace up, platforms, and more!

Stay stylish!