November Blood Drive Results

On Wednesday, November 29 the American Red Cross held a blood drive at the Palestine High School gymnasium. The blood drive was held from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. This blood drive was sponsored by the Palestine High School Student Senate, and the members of the Student Senate were there to help out at check-in.

The Palestine High School Student Senate set a goal of 22 blood donors for this drive, and they ended up having 27 donors come out to the high school to donate. Each donor could potentially save 3 lives, bringing out total for this drive to 81 potentially saved lives! To get everybody in the Christmas spirit and to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the 2003 film Elf, the American Red Cross gave out Elf themed Christmas socks to the people who donated blood. If you were wanting to donate, but couldn’t make it to this blood drive, the Palestine High School Student Senate will be sponsoring another blood drive on January 24, 2024.

The American Red Cross is always in need of blood donors, so if you are willing and able make a trip to Palestine High School in January and give your donation. The American Red Cross that comes to the high school to get donations is based out of Effingham, IL. So, if you were wanting to give blood and can’t make to one of the blood drives here at the high school you can always make an appointment to donate at the Effingham Red Cross Blood and Platelet Donation Center. For more information you can visit https://www.redcrossblood.org/local-homepage/location/effingham-american-red-cross.html .