OPH Mini-Cheerleaders 1-29-24

On January 29th, OPH Cheerleaders taught some “mini-cheerleaders” how to do different cheer routines. They performed this cheer routine at the boys basketball game at Oblong last night. This was during halftime of the first game.

There were somewhere between 40-50 mini-cheerleaders from grade levels ranging from Kindergarten to 5th grade. They were all taught these cheers at cheer camp on January 18th at Oblong.

All these mini’s worked very hard with the “big girls” to perfect their moves and routines to the best of little kid abilities.

The gym at Oblong High School was packed as much as possible with parents of cheerleaders, players, mini cheerleaders, and just overall fans supporting either Dietrich or OPH.

The mini cheerleaders had moves to flaunt and chants to yell and they did just that. Not only did they flaunt moves and yell chants, they also proved that they have what it takes to be potential OPH cheerleaders in the future! With help from the “big girls” on the OPH cheer team, they successfully navigated the routines and chants all while having a blast!

This was an amazing opportunity for these young kids to take a chance and try something new. Maybe some of these kids will be our future OPH cheerleaders someday!