Meyers Leonard 2010 Basketball Team Induction into the RHS Hall of Fame

This Friday, December 15, Meyer Leonard will be joining his teammates and coaches from their 2010 basketball team, at halftime of the RHS varsity boys basketball game, to be inducted into the RHS Hall of Fame. The game will be held at RHS, JV will begin at 6, and varsity will follow.

Meyers Leonard started his basketball career in 5th grade, and he and his teammates always had their minds set on winning a state championship together. Some of his most cherished memories came from his high school years. One particular memory that stands out was during the state championship game. It was the end of the game and he knew they had secured the win, he looked at the scoreboard, standing with his arm around his teammate, Austin Siler. I am sure after reaching their goal of winning a state championship all they felt was pride and relief. He went on to college to play basketball at the University of Illinois.

The first team Meyers Leonard was drafted to was the Portland Trail Blazers in 2012. On July 13 he signed his rookie scale contract with the Trail Blazers. On October 31, 2012, Meyers Leonard made his NBA debut, playing 23 minutes and scoring 4 points against the Los Angeles Lakers.

Meyers Leonard then played for the Miami Heat in 2019 until 2021. During his time playing for this team he reached the NBA finals  in 2020. He then went on to play for the Milwaukee Bucks, which he still plays for to this day. Meyers Leonard averages 4.8 points per game.