Freshman/Seniors Win Powder Puff Game

Allison Dunlap, Editor

The annual powder puff game was played last night to start off homecoming week. When everyone was showing up to the field, there weren’t many players for the Sophomore/Junior team. On the other hand, the Freshman/Senior team had lots of players ready to get the game started.

Warm ups were over and the game was starting. Ashtin Guyer won the “coin flip” and the Freshman/Senior team got the ball first. Drew York scored the first touchdown of the game and put some points on the board for the Freshman/Senior team. During the first half the Sophomore/Junior team kept up with the other team and scored a touchdown almost every time after the Freshman/Senior team did. At the end of the first half the score was 12-6 with the Freshman/Senior team in the lead.

The second half started and the Sophomore/Junior team had the ball first. Kendra Biggs was given the ball lots of times and she had most of the runs for the Sophomore/Junior team. The Freshman and Seniors were able to stop them from scoring for a while though. Macy Biggs, Allison Dunlap, and Drew York all had touchdowns in the second half. The Freshman/Senior team was determined to win this game and they did. The score was 30-24 with the Seniors and Freshman having the lead.