Scholastic Bowl Awards

Chrissy Arvin
Scholastic Bowl Awards Picture

It is bittersweet to leave this sport behind. I have been apart of Scholastic Bowl since middle school and it is almost weird that I will not have another season.

— Zoey Rinesmith

As the season came to a close, Scholastic Bowl once again decided to present awards to the team mates individually. This awards banquet and dinner was held last night, April 3, 2024. We had spaghetti with meat sauce, fettuccine with alfredo, garlic bread, and salad, along with cupcakes made by Mrs. Inboden’s fifth hour class.

After the meal Mr. Riley, the Scholastic Bowl head coach, handed out awards. There were many awards presented at this banquet including:

The Top Senior to Zoey Rinesmith

Varsity Top Scorer to Alix Bennett

Junior Varsity Top Scorer to Odin Cunningham

Top Freshman to Odin Cunningham

Most Improved Player to Brylee Tingley

As well as awards, Mr. Riley handed out Varsity Pins to the team.

This year, Varsity had 5 members, Zoey Rinesmith (12), Jack Hawkins (12), Alix Bennett (11), Gracelyn Arvin (10), and Odin Cunningham (9). JV had Brylee Tingley (9), Cheyenne Newlin (9), Wyatt Holmes (9), and Kaelynn Keith (9)

The season, though was not perfect, was one of the best seasons that Varsity and JV has had in a while with our season ending in a 13-8 record, making this banquet even better for the team.