Lady Wildcats Take on the Indians

Chrissy Arvin
Team time out

On Monday, December 12, the Lawrencville Indians traveled to Palestine, home of the Wildcats. After a nice break from playing games over the weekend, the Wildcats went into this game feeling refreshed and rested, ready to play a good game of basketball. There was a JV game followed by a varsity game.

Emily Rachoy, Alyssa Tipton, Francesca Comandini, Sam Neese, and Cydney Pethtel. Sam jumped for the ball but lost it. Alyssa scored a lot of points out of the 26. Cydney had a couple and Sam had a few. JV played a hard game, putting up a good fight with the Indians, ultimately winning the game. 26-18!

Genna Kidwell, Maggie Bailey, Marissa Neeley, Alayna Snider, and Ginna Russel started off the varsity game. Marissa got a start on the game by jumping the ball. Unfortunately we lost the jump ball. Within about 2 minutes of the first quarter, something happened that you don’t see often. Lawrencville Indians got a delay game warning for reaching across the line as Marissa was passing the ball in. This eventually caused more trouble for Lawrencville when it happened for a second time. Lawrencville Indians received a technical for delaying the game again. Marissa had the opportunity to shoot two free throws due to the technical received by the Indians. Marissa made both shots! The Wildcats came up short losing the game 45-59. Cydney Pethtel a player on OPH Wildcats said, “There were some good things, but we ultimately couldn’t focus.”

OPH Lady Wildcats play at South Central tomorrow. Good luck ladies!