Girls Basketball Against Cumberland

Marrisa+Neeley%2C+shooting+a+free-throw.+
Cydney Pethtel
Marrisa Neeley, shooting a free-throw.

OPH girls played Cumberland yesterday, November 30th, at Oblong. They played this game at 6pm.

The girls that started were Genna Kidwell, Ginna Russel, Marissa Neeley, Emily Rachoy and Maggie Bailey. The whole JV team played at some point. Alyssa Tipton and Alayna Snider also played, and they play both JV and varsity.

The first quarter was not too bad. Our OPH girls scored 18 points while Cumberland scored 11 points.

In the second quarter both teams did well with scoring points, OPH scored 13 points, and Cumberland scored 8 points. Although, this made the score 31-19, which wasn’t too encouraging.

The third quarter Cumberland scored 19 points, and our OPH girls scored 11 points. This made the score 40-30. This score could have been worse, but I am sure our girls were tired by this point!

They did not give up. In the fourth quarter our OPH girls scored 3 points and Cumberland scored 10 points.

Our OPH girls lost, ending the score to 60-33, in Cumberlands favor.

Cydney Pethel, a senior on the OPH girls team said, “The girls played hard and did not give up. Although we lost, the girls tried their best.” I agree and think our OPH girls really did try and sometimes that’s all we can do!

The OPH girls basketball team needs our support! Next week they play Tuesday, December 5th in Casey, at 6pm. Thursday, December 7th they play at Neoga, at 6pm. Saturday, December 9th, they have a shoot-out at Palestine. The time will be later announced. Go support our OPH girls!