Goodbye Stranger Things

Goodbye Stranger Things

After 7 years of Stranger Things, they are ready to say goodbye. Stranger Things was released in July of 2016, and it became a hit right away. The actors and actresses were barely preteens when they got the role for this hit television show. Stranger Things has broken several Netflix records. Season four set a Nielsen record for the most watched show ever at the time, with a whopping 7 billion minutes of viewing time in a single week. It was also the most streamed series of the entire year.

When the show announced that the fifth season would be the last, fans were overwhelmed with sadness, even though it wasn’t a big shock. Since they got the role when they were very young, the actors and actresses have all grown up and are in their early 20s.

The fifth and final season of Stranger Things was originally set to begin production this past summer, but the dual writers and actors strike delayed production. The Duffer brothers closed down the show’s writers’ room on May 6, at the start of the strike. When the strike ended, the co-showrunners announced they were back in business. After this story first published, on January 8, 2024, Netflix announced that the final season has officially gone into production.

The new season will be released sometime in early 2025. Most of the characters will return for the final season, but there are some that will not, like Joseph Quinns’s Eddie Munson, who died at the end of season four after helping the crew defeat Vecna, at least for an undisclosed amount of time.

Season five is almost certainly going to have a time jump considering all the actors and actresses are now in their 20s.