1989 (Taylor’s version)

Taylor Swift has just re-released one of her old albums this week!

For those of you who don’t know, Taylor Swift is re-recording her first six albums that she released with her old record label Big Machine Records. This is because they still own the masters to the songs on her first six albums, and when she tried to buy them back they wouldn’t let her. So, Taylor is re-recording her first six albums and re-releasing them as (Taylor’s version) so that way she can own all of her music.

Her first six albums include the following: Taylor Swift, Fearless, Speak Now, Red, 1989, and Reputation. Taylor has already re-released Fearless, Red, Speak Now, and now on October 27, 2023 she re-released 1989. With her re-recordings of each album she has added new songs that she wrote in the time of the album that didn’t get chosen to be on the original track list with the original album. Taylor call these songs her from the vault tracks.

The original 1989 album had 13 tracks, but the deluxe version of the album has 16. 1989 (Taylor’s version) includes all 16 songs from the original deluxe album, but also 5 new songs from the vault!

As a swiftie myself, I love listening to the vault tracks because they are unreleased songs from the time of the original album and the other tracks are amazing as well because it shows how her vocal talent has grown since the release of the original album. Taylor also released a deluxe album of 1989 (taylor’s version) including one more song, Bad Blood (ft. Kendrick Lamar) the song Bad Blood was released with 1989 (Taylor’s version), but the only way to listen to the song with Kendrick Lamar as the feature is on in 1989 (taylor’s version) [deluxe].