Oblong Homecoming Week

Oblong homecoming is this week, and they have a lot of festivities going on!

On Tuesday, October 3rd, OPH JV has a football game in Palestine. This is against North Central @5:30pm. The JV cheerleaders will be cheering at this game. Go support!

Oblong has their Jag Day games during the week. They also have a Powder Puff football game, but it is during school hours.

Friday October 6th, Oblong has their homecoming parade at 1:30. Students from Palestine and Hutsonville fall sports will be released from school to attend this.

Following that on Friday, there will be a student/staff softball game at 6pm. Oblong will have games and a bonfire at nightfall. Games will be before the bonfire while waiting for it to get dark.

OPH Football then plays at Oblong on Saturday. This game is against Lewistown (IL). This game is at 1pm (IL). The dance will follow the game that day at 7pm. With the game being at 1pm, the football and cheerleaders should have plenty of time to get ready.

OPH football and cheer athletes are invited to Oblong’s homecoming but cannot bring a date with them.

Palestine’s homecoming is the following week, and football players and cheerleaders will be doing it all over again. Palestine has a parade, games, chili supper, and bonfire also. Come and support both homecoming games: October 7th, at 1pm in Oblong and October 13th, at 7pm in Palestine.

OPH fall athletes are also invited to Palestine’s homecoming. The OPH athletes cannot bring a date if they aren’t from Palestine.