#78 Jack Hawkins

With the commencement of fall, we’re rolling in with our fall sports!

Football is one of the most liked, or should I say, loved sports around the country and the world in fact with about 3.5 billion fans. We always try to see who to root for teamwise but not very often do we look at the players individually.

Jack Hawkins is one of many seniors here at PHS. He’s been playing on our football team for nine years, so I’d say he’s pretty experienced in the ways of football. When I asked him what makes a great football player his response was, “I’d have to say grit, hard work, discipline, and showing leadership.” A quote I’m sure we’ve all heard in different forms is that nothing worth doing comes easy.

Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses, especially with sports. However, how you go about improving is how you overcome your struggles. One of Jack’s struggles is being able to read what the defense and/or offence is doing. I asked him how he and others can overcome this struggle, or if it was near impossible, and he responded with, ” Some ways to improve that would be watching more film over the opposing teams.” They film football games? Well you learn something new everyday I suppose.

Well if you know Jack you know that football isn’t all that he does. He often enjoys weight lifting, working at Ginger Ale’s, hanging out with friends, and walking or playing with his puppy. She’s a cutie, but as I’ve heard from Jack, “Don’t let her cuteness fool you.”

Be sure to come out and watch football player Jack Hawkins at the next game!