New AC: The best idea or the disruption?

AC window unit
AC window unit
Google

Today Mrs. Hyde’s English classroom has been taken over and is being worked on to get a new A unit in her room. Because of this, Mrs. Hyde’s English I, English II, English III, and Journalism classes have had to meet in the library.

AC Units are necessary in classrooms because, when temperature is higher in a classroom it can cause focus and productivity to lower in students. This can lower students grades, attendance rates, and attitude in school. Mini-split, window, and central units are some of the best air conditioners for schools. These units are highly efficient and will help keep students cool and focused in the classroom. Though the team finished before lunch, allowing students to return to the classroom, it seemed to cause a distraction and confusion for students.

Many statistics say that a drastic change in an environment can affect learning in a negative way. While being outside of the classroom can help learn for some people, for many students it is a distraction. They focus on the new surroundings instead of their work, causing them to lose time to work on their assignments. Several factors can affect learning ability, including seating, light, noise, and even color. Students who study in a positive learning environment, such as a cool, suitable, classroom, have been shown to be more motivated, engaged, and have a higher overall learning ability. On the other hand, students learning in poor environments – those that are uncomfortable, loud, or full of distractions, will find it far more difficult to absorb information and stay engaged.