Wildcats vs. Salukis

Last night, January 9th, the OPH Wildcats boys basketball team played the Red Hill Salukis. The JV game started at 6 and the Varsity followed.

The Wildcats JV team came home with a loss, but had a close score of 56-51.

The Wildcats Varsity team started out very strongly, with their starting players Riley Blank, Max Lewis, Trevan Webster, Rowen Bailey, and Graydon Kincaid. These starters scored the first basket of the game giving the Wildcats a lead. The score kept close the entire game and was tied 19-19 at halftime. After halftime, the same behavior was shown. The close score resulted in overtime. Ultimately the Wildcats kept strong and beat the Salukis with a score of 60-57.

This game was also the first game back for one of our starting players, Trevan Webster. Webster was hurt at Dugger in November and has been out for injury since then. Webster was very eager to get back into the game and even used all five of his fouls. Webster contributed 4 points for the Wildcats.

The rest of the Wildcats also helped with the win against the Salukis last night. Riley Blank had 24 points. Will Calloway had 13 points. Callum Roeder scored 6 points. Graydon Kincaid and Max Lewis each scored 5 points. Rowan Bailey had 3 points.

The Wildcats next game will be played on Saturday, January 13th at Cowden-Herrick in Beecher City. JV starts at 2:00 PM and Varsity will follow.

Red Hill is a very close competitor for the Wildcats, and they played two competitive games against the Salukis. If you would like to watch the Wildcats play the Salukis again this season you can do so on January 30th in Oblong starting at 6:00 PM.