The Indianapolis Colts in the Playoffs?

For those of you who follow the NFL, you know that week 15 wrapped up on Monday night. The Philadelphia Eagles played against the Seattle Seahawks on Monday and lost 17-20. That means there are only 3 full weeks of regular games before the playoffs start. Many NFL fans can agree that there have been plenty of surprises when it comes to how this season has gone this far.

Probably one of the biggest surprises this season has been how the Indianapolis Colts have exceeded the expectations placed on them. Before the beginning of the season, a lot of people thought that the Colts would not have a very good season. Although, many people thought that Anthony Richardson, a rookie, would be a big contributor to the team. Unfortunately, Richardson suffered a shoulder injury against the Tennessee Titans in week 5 that would take him out for the rest of the season.

This meant that Gardner Minshew, who joined the Colts this year after being on the Eagles for 2 years, had to step up and put on his best game. That is exactly what Minshew has done since becoming the starting QB in week 6. While it was a rough couple of first games, Minshew finally found what worked for him. Because of his leadership, the Colts are currently standing at 8-6 for the season.

Because of how the Colts have been playing, they are now a contestant for a playoff spot this year. However, the Colts are in a three way tie with the Bills and Texans. So what does this mean for the Colts? Well if they want to keep their standing for the playoff spot, they must win at least 2 of their next 3 games. They play against the Falcons, Raiders, and Texans. The game against the Texans is the most crucial game out of the three, meaning that they must win the game.

So do you think it is possible that we will see the Colts in the playoffs year? And if so, how far do you think they will go?