OPH Wildcats at North Central

Sergey Nivens – stock.adobe.com

On Tuesday, December 12th, the OPH boys basketball team traveled to North Central to take on the Thunderbirds. While it was a rough game, our boys did not swoop down to the other team’s level. OPH continued to show sportsmanship, and tried to play the best that they could. Everyone that was at the game could say that our boys and coaching staff acted in a very appropriate way for the situation.

There was both a JV and Varsity game last night. The JV team came up short in the end, but they played their hardest until the end. We are all proud of the JV team for trying their hardest.

As for the Varsity game, they also came up short in the end. At halftime, the score was 26-49. This halftime score was just a preview of how the rest of the game would end up going. The final score of the game was 42-79. It was a tough game for multiple reasons, but it is a game that a lesson or two can be learned from. Hopefully as the boys continue to move forward, they will keep their heads up and stay positive. Out of our boys, Riley Blank ended up scoring 12 points, and Will Callaway also scored plenty of points with the several three pointers that he made.

The OPH boys will be playing in the Westville Tournament from December 14-16th. However, if you want to catch the next home game, you will have to wait until December 19th.