OPH Girls Against Neoga- 12/7/23

OPH Girls Against Neoga- 12/7/23

On Thursday December 7th, the OPH Wildcats girls basketball team traveled to Neoga, where they played against the Indians. Both the JV and Varsity teams were able to play games last night.

Starting for the JV team was Emily Rachoy, Francesca Comandini, Alyssa Tipton, Sam Meese and Cydney Pethtel. Similar to the JV game against Robinson, everyone on the bench was able to get some playing time. The final score of the game was 17-31. While the score may not show it, the girls played very well in the game. All of the coaches complimented the players by saying that it has been their best game yet, and that they can grow from this particular game.

For the Varsity, the starters included Genna Kidwell, Maggie Bailey, Alayna Snider, Marissa Neeley, and Ginna Russell. In the beginning of the game things were not looking too bad. The Wildcats were able to stay within reach of the Indians with the score being 12-21 at the end of the 1st quarter.

By the time that halftime rolled around, the Indians got an even bigger lead on the Wildcats, with a difference of only 19 points. The score was 24-43 at halftime, and the Wildcats knew that they had to shut down the Indians if they wanted a chance to come back.

Unfortunately after halftime, the girls would only end up scoring 6 points while the Indians got 13. Things would get even harder in the 4th quarter as the Wildcats would only end up getting one point. The final score ended up being 31-73. It is hard to keep up with a team when they are shooting lights out, and it seems like nothing can fall for your own team. The girls still gave their best effort, even though they would come up short in the end.

You can come catch the OPH Wildcats girls basketball team back in action on Monday the 11th. They will be playing the Lawrenceville Indians in Palestine at 6pm. There will also be another opportunity on Thursday the 14th to catch them in Oblong against Robinson.