There’s a New Cop in Town!

An Interview with the Chief Cheadle

Palestine did not have a cop for a couple weeks as former Chief Beasing retired. But as of Monday November 27th,  Danny Cheadle was Sworn in as the new Chief of Police here in our small town of Palestine. 

Chief Cheadle spent most of his time growing up in Pope County, Illinois, even though his family did travel quite often as his dad was a minister. He has been with his wife for thirty-four years and they have been married for thirty-two of them! They have two kids together, a son and a daughter who have both grown up and moved out. Cheadle currently lives right outside of our beautiful town of Palestine with his wife and three fur babies, silver, charcoal and chocolate labs.

His impression of Palestine was so heartwarming; he stated that “the western small town feeling was a perfect fit for him and his wife.”  He says that he loves all of the great people and history of our small town. He says that Palestine is such a caring  community, although he does say that there is a lot of work to be done because of not having any officers in town recently. 

Chief Cheadle has been involved in law enforcement for twenty-eight years. He says that his future intentions in Palestine include being involved in the community and the school while still being a proactive officer and detouring/ preventing crime. 

Just from talking to him the small amount of time that I did, I think Chief Cheadle is a great fit for the town of Palestine; he was super kind and very easy to talk to.

Welcome to the Palestine Police Department chief Cheadle!