Volleyball: Lady Tigers Westville Tourney

Lady Tigers coming together in a huddle.

On Saturday, August 26 our Lady Tigers had a volleyball tournament in Westville, IL. At the Westville tournament the Lady Tigers played the Georgetown Ridge Farm Buffalos, Okaw Valley Timberwolves, Chrisman Cardinals, and the Westville Tigers.

For their first game of the tournament they played the Georgetown Ridge Farm Buffalos. This was a two set game, they lost both. Ahlya Abel says, “It wasn’t our best game, but we honestly weren’t all awake yet.”

The second game of the day was against the Okaw Valley Timberwolves. Their second game they started to show what this team could really do. While this game was also only two sets, our Lady Tigers came through with a win in both.

Their third game they played was against the Chrisman Cardinals. This game being a little more hard fought seeing as they went all three sets against the Cardinals. Chrisman won the first set, but our Lady Tigers came back and won the second. Although Chrisman ended up winning in the last set to take the whole game, our girls played hard.

For their last game of the tournament on Saturday they played the Westville Tigers. Even though they lost in two sets it was a very close game in both sets. “Hayden Monan had multiple blocks,” says Ahlya Abel, “it was awesome!” Even though they lost this game the girls fought hard on the court.