New Spanish Teacher

Elliott Meadows, editor

Miss Meadows is the new Spanish teacher here at PHS. She is a fellow Pioneer being from Palestine and attending Palestine schools till she graduated high school. After high school she got her Associates in Biological Sciences from Vincennes University. Then she transferred to Eastern Illinois University, where she achieved her BAchelors in Biological Sciences with minors in Criminal Justice, Psychology, Latin American Studies, and Spanish. While at EIU, she also became a member of Alpha Psi Lambda, National Inc. Alpha Psi Lambda, National Inc. is a Co-ed Latino Interest Fraternity, which has allowed Miss Meadows to gain many leadership opportunities, as well as many new and exciting experiences. This is a great opportunity for the students to actually be taught Spanish by an actual teacher. 

Over the summer she studied abroad in Spain for 6 weeks at the Malaga Institut in Malaga. She has always wanted to study abroad, and decided to make the decision to study abroad so she could finish her college degree. Spanish has been a passion of Miss Meadows since high school, so going to Spain allowed her to learn more about Spanish culture. 

She also helps teach some of the geometry classes. While her degree is does not include a major or minor in Math, she has taken over an Informal Geometry and Geometry classes of Mr. Will’s. 

This is a great opportunity for the students and for Miss Meadows.