Lady Tigers Doubleheader

On Saturday, March 23 the Hutsonville-Palestine Lady Tigers faced off against the North Central Lady Thunderbirds in a doubleheader at home. With the first game starting at noon, the girls faced what would seem like a long two games. While the day did not end the way they hoped, the Lady Tigers were able to close the gap on the second game to make it a close one run loss.

The starters for the first game were Hayden Monan, who started out the game pitching, and Ayla Cook who was the catcher. Alaina Holcomb was at first, Zoey Beabout at second, Lily Holcomb at shortstop and Gracie Alumbaugh at third base. Kailyn Shoulders started in right field, Brynn Griffin in center, and Izzy Monan in left field.

In the first inning the Lady Thunderbirds were hot on the plate. They scored three runs by the end of their time to bat. The Lady Tigers would respond to the Thunderbirds by scoring one run their first time up to bat. In the 2nd through 4th inning the score would become 1-4, which made the total score 2-7. In the 5th & 6th inning, the Lady Thunderbirds took even more of a lead by scoring 7 runs. Unfortunately, the Lady Tigers would not be able to catch up and would lose 4-14.

There were a few changes for the second game. Alaina started out pitching, Gracie caught, Izzy Monan was at first, Lily at second, Hayden at shortstop, Addi McNair started at third base. Michaela Fuller was in left field, Ahlya Able in right field, and Brynn stayed in center field.

The second game was a lot closer than the first. The game was tied 5-5 until the bottom of the 4th inning, when the Lady Tigers would get their first lead of the day by scoring one run. Then in the top of the 5th inning the Lady Thunderbirds would score 2 runs, making the score 6-7. Both teams would score 1 run in the 6th inning. The final score of the second game was 7-8.

The Lady Tigers play against Newton tonight at home starting at 4:30. Good luck Lady Tigers!