Career Day

Career Day

On March 6, 2024, Lincoln Trail College is hosting the Twin Rivers Career Day for 7th and 10th graders.

Do you remember thinking when you were small and you said things like, “When I grow up, I want to be……”?  Well, this is a time to explore those options. This is a great opportunity for kids to figure out the answer to that huge question that they have asked themselves over and over again. What do I want to be when I grow up? Where will I work? Where will I live?

Sophomores  will travel to Lincoln Trail College to participate in this year’s Career Day, to meet with members of the community in the professions in which they’ve indicated an interest.

Career days can help students start thinking in more detail about what they want to do in adulthood. There are so many advantages of having career-focused programs in schools to help prepare students for the future. Career days will give our students a first look at what it is like in the career of their choice. It is even a possibility that they will change their mind and decide to pursue something completely different than what they had their mind set on when they started out the Career day. Career days get students excited about all the opportunities that are out there for them. A successful career day will also show students how what they have learned over their lifetime is used in their career choice.

A career day is an amazing and important opportunity for students during their high school years, opens students’ eyes to the reality of what the career they think they want is really like, so no one goes into that profession with false expectations.