Lady Wildcats VS Lady Eagles

Lady Wildcats VS Lady Eagles

On Monday, February 5th, the OPH Lady Wildcats traveled to Newton to face off against the Lady Eagles. The game was a rough one for fans to watch, with the final score being 30-72. However, our girls never gave up and tried to hold their heads high.

Our JV team started the night out by playing first and it was a tough game for them as they only had five players. Emily Rachoy, Francesca Comandini, Sam Meese, Valentine Kersten, and Emma Newlin started and played all 25 minutes of the game. Emma ended up having the most points in the JV game for the Wildcats.

The Varsity game started after Newton got done with their senior night activities. The starters for the OPH Lady Wildcats were Genna Kidwell, Maggie Bailey, Alyssa Tipton, Marissa Neeley, and Ginna Russell. Right out of the gate, the Eagles were able to score a few points. It was a few minutes before the Wildcats scored their first points.

Things could not come any easier for OPH in the second half of the game. Newton came and picked up right where they left off before halftime. Just like in the first half, Newton scored several points before OPH scored their first points of the third quarter. Despite their best efforts, the OPH Wildcats would fall to the Newton Eagles with a brutal score of 30-72.

The OPH Lady Wildcats only have one more regular season game before regional play begins on Saturday in Marshall. On Thursday OPH will play in Edwards County against the Lions starting at 6 pm. There will be a 2 quarter JV game and a full Varsity game.