Audition Master class with Julio Augustin

The+Audition+Master+Class+
Taylor Dalburg
The Audition Master Class

Last Friday, five students from PHS drama club attended the audition master class: Ace Your Monolouge. This class was open to the public for free! The students in the class range from teen to adult allowing almost anyone to participate. Julio Augstin, the teacher of this class is a highly sought after theatre professional. He is an accomplished director, choreographer, actor, audition coach,author, and educator. He has preformed in six broadway shows including Chicago and Fosse. He is the librettist of Movin’ On, a new musical. He is also the co-lyricist of Ay!Ay!Ay! And the West Side Stories: A Puerto Rican Play. Not only is Julio an actor, he is also an author. He has written a novel titled, The Professional Actor’s Handbook and has contributed in another titled, LatinX Actor Training.

Being able to learn from someone who has made it to Broadway is a dream.

— Zoey Rinesmith

Out of the PHS drama club we had five students attend, Autumn Taylor, Brylee Tingley, Cater Nelson, Zoey Rinesmith, and Alix Bennett. Almost all of which preformed there monologues in front of the class. This was an amazing experience for these students because they were able to learn from someone who has done Broadway and who knows what it is people are looking for. We did exercises to “get in our bodies and out of our heads”. This included walking around the room, gesturing towards the others in the room, wiggling, moving our arms, etc. After we warmed out voices by making different movement and sound with our mouths. We also played a game where we had to say an adjective about ourself that stared with the same sound as our first name. This is experience was something that the PHS students have learned from and will continue to learn from.