Whats New on Netflix?

Whats New on Netflix?

Netflix is known for adding and removing a ton of popular TV shows and movies, but in February 2024 they will be adding more ranging from classic movies and award-winning TV shows. There will be things like Avatar: The Last Airbender series, The Great Gatsby, and season 10 of The Blacklist. 

On February 1st there are 20 movies and TV shows dropping on Netflix. One of these is The Great Gatsby which stars Tobey Maguire, Leonardo DiCaprio, Carey Mulligan, and Joel Edgerton. The movie follows a Midwest Native, Nick Carraway (Tobey Maguire), which he then arrives in 1922 to New York in search of the American dream. Nick, a would-be writer, moves in next door to a millionaire Jay Gatsby (Leonardo DiCaprio), and across the bay from his cousin Daisy (Carey Mulligan), and her not-so-great husband, Tom (Joel Edgerton). Nick becomes drawn into the captivating world of wealth, and he bears witness to their illusions and lives a tale of impossible love, dreams, and tragedy.  If you’ve taken Mrs. Hyde’s English III class, you may remember watching this movie after reading the novel in class.

On February 11, the new season of The Blacklist airs. The blacklist is a dark and twisted TV show about an internationally wanted criminal name Raymond Reddington, who was once a former US Naval Intelligence officer, who helps the FBI find other wanted criminals on a special list of his called the “Blacklist”. In season 9 focuses on the shocking death of Elizabeth Keen, an FBI agent that was being assisted by Reddington. Keen was killed at the end of season 8, seconds after hesitating to shoot Red to take over his criminal enterprise and become the new master of the Blacklist. Season 9 takes place 2 years after Keens murder, the team fell apart, Reds whereabouts were unknown, casusing hus bodyguard (Dembe) to become an undercover agent for the FBI. Agent Keens killer was found and so was Red, but no one is safe.

There are so many more shows and movies on Netflix coming out in February, but I guess you are just going to have to wait and see how the rest of these play out.