Are the Chiefs overrated?

As the reining 2023 Superbowl champions, the Kansas City Chiefs are shining bright in the spotlight. Although their achievements from their past season had brought the attention to them, there are also a few more additives to their season that have made them gain popularity. Yes, they have an incredibly decent football team, but some actions other than athletic skill has brought attention to them this season.

One of the most obvious ways they were truly brought to the spotlight this season was the attendance of Taylor Swift in their stands. Taylor Swift is arguably one of the most popular artists of our generation, and has been dating Chiefs tight end, Travis Kelce, for the majority of this year’s season. Although people love her and her music, some did not like her favoritism at games. Football fans have gotten upset with the amount of attention Swift is getting when she is in attendance.

Another reason the Chiefs have been the big talk this season are their actions on the field. At the Chiefs latest game they played on Sunday, January 21st against the Bills, the Chiefs quarterback, Patrick Mahomes, got quite feisty after an “unfair” play. Mahomes was so angry concerning this call that he even tried to get physical with the officials, with his team having to pull him away from the situation. This is not the only problem the team has had with this behavior this season.

The Chiefs have already played two playoff games this season. Their first playoff game was played on January 13th against the Dolphins which resulted in a 26-7 victory. Then, they played on January 21st against the Bills and won 27-24. Next, the Chiefs will play the Ravens this Sunday on January 28th.

So what do you think? Are you a Chiefs fan? Do you think they are overrated or dramatic? Do you think they will make their way to another Superbowl win?