Aubree’s High School Experience

Charlie and I getting prepared to go dance on stage
Abby and I practicing for the play Junior year

As my time of high school is coming to an end, here is a recap of all of my favorite to least favorite memories!

Where do I even start? Freshman year was kind of a blur. This was when COVID was still around and we were surrounded with dividers, masks, and hand sanitizer. This wasn’t the best year except for the PE class I was in. That was when we had the majority of the older kids and a few freshmen in the class. That was the year me, Kiara, Wayne and Kaden all got really close. That’s also the year Charlie and I spent majority of our time just sitting in the weight room together. Other than that it was a blur.

Sophomore year was the year where everyone in my class would be getting their license and all of us were getting way more comfortable being here. This was the year we finally started talking to Mr Smith about our lives, the year I got dragged into Drama Club by being a dancing princess for the spring play. Though I said I never would have chosen to be in Drama Club, I never regretted being a part of it. This was also a year where, of course, drama was involved with other girls, which led to counseling. Anyways, COVID also was not a factor anymore this year, so we could all finally breathe without dealing with all the masks.

Now onto junior year, one of the stressful years and worst years of high school in my opinion. I kept to myself and just tried to manage my grades. The SAT’s were this year which were not anyone’s favorites, and then I again was a part of the spring play, which is when I went from a no talking part the past year, to actually having lines in the play. This was probably my favorite play I ever did from the 3 years I was a part of the spring play. It was a fun time with so many people being apart of it.

Finally, after the brief descriptions of my past years, we arrive at my senior year. This was my year full of lasts and it is kind of a bittersweet moment. This was the year I got diagnosed with that terrible “senioritis,” when I genuinely did not want to do anything. I did fall back on my grades, and I just did not care — that was up until I had a bad grade in English. Then I really started buckling down on getting my head in the game. Then when spring semester came up, my grades got better and I started skipping school less. I also signed with the Royal School of Cosmetology in Effingham to go in to be an Esthetician. YAY for my future! As my last days are approaching, the sadder I get because this is my last few days being in this high school. Yet I know everyone is going to have a bright and amazing future.

High school goes by in a blink of an eye, and you can’t take anything for granted. All of the can’t waits to all of the can it go by slower. My time at PHS was the best four years of my life, and I am forever greatful for all of the memories that were made here.