Christmas in Hawaii!

My Favorite Christmas

Christmas day in 2014 might have been the BEST Christmas a kid could’ve asked for.  We woke up oddly early Christmas morning and me and my older brother, Kryton, were confused on why we got up at four in the morning to open presents.  We didn’t think much about it though cause we were eight and eleven and it was Christmas morning and we were over the moon excited about opening presents.  My brother and I were already confused because our parents had packed a suitcase for each one of us, but once again we didn’t think anything about it because we were so young. We get to the point where we started getting super suspicious because we were opening all of our gifts and they were things like bathing suits, travel sized stuff, and sandals. Once again we were confused but we just went with it.  Then it came time for us to open Santa’s gift, which they specifically made us save for last.  They all started recording and at that point my brother and I knew that something good was about to come out of the box.  We usually open presents at different times and this time they made us open this specific gift together.  We each opened our boxes and inside was a piece of paper and a Lei. The paper read “SURPRISE, YOU’RE GOING TO HAWAII!!!” At that point all the previous things that were happening were all adding up.  We left around noon that day to go to Indianapolis to fly out the next morning at four-thirty am.

When we arrived to the airport in Hawaii 9 hours later we were greeted with a Lei that was made of real flowers. The rest of that day we kinda just laid around out hotel, which happened to be one one Hawaii Five-O was recorded in, until sunset then we went and walked on the beach and then we had to make a wish and throw our lei into the ocean.  The lady that originally greeted us when we got off the plan said that we would have bad luck on our trip if we didn’t throw our Lei into the ocean at sunset.

The next two weeks we were there were super jam packed with stuff to do.  A few of the things I remember like it was yesterday are the luau that we were supposed to attend that ended up getting canceled, going to pearl harbor, and going on the ATV ride to a waterfall and getting to swim in it.

This was most definitely my most memorable and favorite Christmas ever!