My Christmas Break

Christmas break is what every kid looks forward to in the school year.

Some kids just like the idea of not having to get up so early for school and getting a break from homework for a couple of weeks. While that is a big plus, Christmas break for me is all about spending time with family and friends. During the holidays my family gets together on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. We always have dinner on Christmas Eve, and on Christmas morning mom makes monkey bread for the family. Our Christmas dinner usually consists of ham, mashed potatoes, noodles, rolls, and some sort of vegetable. We also have dessert, which is my favorite part. My grandma is an amazing baker and she always makes the best pies and cherry delight. Every year she also makes peanut butter fudge and divinity around Christmas time. It is so good, but eat too much, and you’ll most definitely be sick!

Christmas break is a time for me to relax and unwind after the long first semester of the school year. I get to watch all the Netflix I can dream of and stay up as late as I want without having to dread waking up early. As of right now the show I am watching on Netflix is Shameless, but I am sure during Christmas break I will watch a lot of Christmas movies. Every time my mom turns on the TV around the holidays she always has the Hallmark channel on the TV. My dad hates it when mom turns these movies on, but it’s hard to be mad; there is just something about those movies that makes you not want to stop watching. Dad also always makes us watch A Christmas Story because it is his all time favorite Christmas movie. He has us watch it as a family, and it is good bonding time.

We always have a day where all the girls get together and have a baking day. My mom, grandma, sister-in-law, my two nieces, and I bake all kinds of Christmas cookies and treats. We bake sugar cookies, no-bake cookies, peanut butter cookies, and more! My nieces, Piper and Emery, both enjoy making cookies and a big mess. We usually end up making too much and end up not eating them all! My Christmas break is a fun packed couple of weeks filled with family, good food, Hallmark movies, and cookies!