Indiana Women’s Basketball- First Four Games

Indiana Womens Basketball- First Four Games

The Indiana Hoosiers women’s team is starting their season out strong. With the first four games of the season in the books, the Hoosiers are currently sitting at 3-1. With this record, the Hoosiers are 5th in the Big Ten conference, and 21st out of all the teams in the NCAA.

In the first game of their season, the Indiana Hoosiers played the EIU Panthers at home on November 9th. To say that Indiana started out the season with a bang is an understatement. In the first quarter Lexus Bargesser made a buzzer beater that would make the score 29-14. At halftime, the Hoosiers were winning with a score of 53-24. Again Bargesser made a buzzer beater in the third quarter. The Hoosiers would win by 96-43.

In the second game against Stanford on the road, the Hoosiers would take their first loss. Stanford was just simply on fire, and they were making half of the shots they put up. The two things that killed the Hoosiers the most in the game were rebounding and their defence. Hoosiers had 27 rebounds and Stanford had 50 rebounds. The Hoosiers lost by 64-96.

In their third game, the Hoosiers got their highest scoring game so far. They played the Murray State Racers at home. While the Racers tried to implement a press, the Hoosiers kept on breaking through. In the first half the Hoosiers would lead 52-35. At the end of the game, the Hoosiers would win by 112-79.

On Sunday they faced the Lipscomb Bisons at home. The Hoosiers started this game out on a close one. In the first quarter, the Hoosiers would only lead the game by 6 points. In the second quarter, they would keep the Bisons from scoring all but 6 points, which would make the score 39-18. The final score of the game would end up being 77-44, with the Hoosiers being on top.

The next game that the Hoosiers play is on Thanksgiving Day against the Tennessee Volunteers at home. You can catch the game on Fubo if you have a subscription.