OPH takes on Chrisman

Emily+Rachoy+
Zoey Beabout
Emily Rachoy

On Thursday, November 16, Chrisman traveled to Palestine to play a game of basketball against the Wildcats. This was the Wildcats’ third game of the week, also their third game of the season.

After losing the tip-off to Chrisman, Genna Kidwell, Maggie Bailey, Emily Rachoy, Marissa Neely, and Ginna Russel came back stronger to win the game.

By the end of the first quarter the OPH wildcats were up by 7 with a score of 12-5. In the second quarter, OPH wildcats had score 19 more points. The score at half time was 31-15. The OPH Wildcats could start to see a win at the end of the night. The Wildcats scored 14 points in the third and 8 more in the fourth. Leaving the final score 53-39. An OPH Wildcat W. Genna Kidwell scored 18 of the 53 points and Maggie Bailey scored 13 of the 53 points.

This was the Wildcats second win of the season with two of their eight seniors sitting out because of injury. Hopefully, by the end of the season, these seniors will have been able to get in some playing time, pain free.

So far, the OPH Wildcats have had a great start to their season. I, and many others, are excited to watch this team grow together, continuing to get better. With the help of their new coaches, Coach Turner and Coach Kidwell, they will be able to do just that. The Wildcats now have a record of 2-1 and play again on Monday, November 27th in Oblong at 6:00pm against Red Hill. Good luck Wildcats!