National Ag Day

Many in the ag industry are highlighting the role agriculture plays in protecting the land, water, and air. National Ag Day is March 19th and National Agriculture Week runs through March 24th. “Growing a Climate for Tomorrow” is the theme for this year’s National Ag Day events.

Coming from a rural area, farming not only is a career for some, it is a passion. Most farmers are generational farmers, where their great great grandparents began their family farm. Farmers are the heart and soul of America, though most people do not realize that. Farmers, whether it is livestock or farm ground farmers, are responsible for putting food on our tables with every meal we eat.

There’s a growing world population and we need to be able to feed more people,” Jenni Badding, National Ag Day Chair for the Agriculture Council of America said. “We aren’t gaining additional farm ground, so folks are having to do more with less. I think technology is one of those things that is going to help them achieve that.”

Supporting local organizations like FFA and 4-H is vital to ensure that we are promoting the future of agriculture to the younger generations. So the next time you eat a meal, or put a cotton shirt on, remember where it came from and who made that possible, and thank a farmer.