Palestine Homecoming Events

October 9th marks the beginning of one of the most anticipated and busiest weeks of the entire school year. PHS Homecoming events start next week, and with us having no school on Monday for Columbus Day, that means the week will seem even busier than in previous years.

Dress days for both schools include:

10/10: Soccer Mom vs BBQ Dad

10/11: Holiday Day

10/12: PHS- Mr. Smith Day, PGS- Mrs. Wesley and Mrs. Schmidlin Day

10/13: PHS- Class Shirts, PGS- Blue and White 

On Tuesday October 10th, McDonald’s will be hosting a McTeacher Night from 4-7pm for our school district. So if you are not feeling like cooking supper that night, and want to help support the school, make your way over to McDonald’s. A percentage of all the sales will come back to the school, where it will be used towards our education.

Wednesday October 11th, is by far the busiest day of Homecoming week due to the parade and chili supper. Everyone that is in the parade should be at PHS getting prepared and lined up at 5:00. The parade will start at 5:30 pm, and travel down Main Street and West Lamotte Street to the PGS. From about 5:45-6:45 pm there will be a chili supper sponsored by the Palestine Eagles #3329. After the chili supper, there will be a pep rally and bonfire. This year the PHS seniors have gone all out in order to make sure that this bonfire is bigger and better than previous years.

As of right now there are plans to have a powder puff football game at 6 pm on October 12, and the entrance fee will be canned food, water, or a free will donation. However, Mr Will says that if there is not going to be enough participation, the game will have to be canceled. So if there are any students that want to play, there is a sign up sheet in Peg’s office.

During school hours on Friday, PHS students will be participating in Jag Day games, and one class will be named the winner. At 7 pm, the OPH Wildcats will be playing against the Tecumseh Indians. Halftime of the game is when coronation will be held, along with other student recognition.

The Homecoming dance will be held on Saturday, October 14, from 7-10 pm for all PHS students and OPH athletes. If a student is planning on bringing a guest from another school, they must have a form signed and turned into Mr. Will prior to the dance.