2023 Labor Day Queen and Runner up!

Queen Jacie Bradbury (right) 1st Runner Up Tess Benson (left)

This past Sunday five contestants ran against each other for the opportunity to be the next Miss Labor Day Queen.  

Jacie Bradbury was crowned queen.  Jacie exclaimed, “The annual Labor Day festival in Palestine is my favorite time of year; to be an embodiment of the holiday and the Pioneer City means so much to me! I can’t wait to see what my reining year looks like as Miss Labor Day 2023!” Queen Jacie is already very involved in Labor Day weekend in Palestine.  Now she will have opportunities that she wouldn’t have gotten any other way.  

Tess Benson was announced first runner up. “When someone tells you anything is possible, believe them,” Tess declared when describing her excitement when she received this honor of being first runner up. 

These ladies had to go through a one on one interview with three judges. Then, they had to answer an on stage question they didn’t know in advance.  After that, they had to change into an evening gown and walk around the stage in a figure eight shape to show off their beautiful dresses.  Lastly, the contestants went back onto the stage to find out the winners.  That evening, Queen Jacie Bradbury and Runner up Tess Benson got the opportunity to parade around the arena in the bed of a truck.  

Both of these beautiful ladies graduated from Robinson High School in 2022. Their positive attitudes always managed to bring up every contestant no matter what.  These ladies deserved these positions because of their leadership skills. They always found the best in any situation, no matter what.  Congratulations, Jacie and Tess!