• PHS Prom Court will be taking their newspaper picture on Wednesday @ 12

• Early Dismissal today @ 2:00, No School Friday and Monday. Happy Easter!

• Track: Friday- Meet @ Robinson, Tuesday- Meet @ Casey, Wednesday- Meet @ Lawrenceville, Friday- Meet @ Cumberland GIRLS ONLY

• Rocking Horse is having a corsage bar this week.

• Graduation Practice will be on May 17th.

• Seniors Last Day will be May 10th!!!

• Senior Signing Day will be held on May 10 @ 1:45

• PHS Prom will be on May 4th starting at 8:00pm

• Team Pictures will be taken on April 17th. Softball @ 3:30 Baseball @ 3:45

• Seniors, don't forget about your graduation slideshow. They are due April 28th

• Seniors need to turn in their pictures, quotes, and wills by April 15th

• Softball: Thursday- Game @ Newton JV ONLY, Friday- Game @ Palestine, Monday- Game @ Tri County

• Baseball: Friday- Game @ Palestine

• Today's Lunch: Beef Taco on Soft Shell

Halloween Events

Back to Article
Back to Article

Halloween Events

Halloween is just around the corner and places around the community are having haunted houses. Listed here are the dates and times for the haunted houses and where they are located. Listed here also are the dates and times for the trick or treat in Crawford County.

In Crawford County

“The Haunted Halls” is located at Palestine High School on Friday, October 19 and Saturday, October 20, from 7 to 10 p.m.  All proceeds benefit the PHS Drama Club.

“The Haunting Within” haunted house is 7 to 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday and Oct. 21, 22, 28 and 29. The event, at 120 W. Washington, Newton, is a fund raiser for the Star Step Booster Club. There is an admission fee.

The Robinson Masonic Lodge will hold a Haunted House on October 19 and 20 starting at dark.  Admission is $5.

The Hutsonville Township Fire Department will have a haunted house from 7 to 11 p.m. Oct. 21, 22, 28 and 29 and 7 to 9 p.m. Oct. 30 at the corner of East Hutson and South Pleasant, Hutsonville. There is an admission fee with proceeds to go to the fire department.

Grandma Lola’s, 802 E. Main, will be open 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. Oct. 21, 22 and 28 and 8 to 10 p.m. Oct. 31. There is an admission fee and parking is directly across the street at Bradford Supply Company.

Oblong trick or treat night is 5 to 8 p.m. Oct. 31. Children can go to houses that have porch lights on.

Trick or Treat in Robinson is also 5 to 8 p.m. Oct. 31 at homes with porch lights on.

Hutsonville and Palestine’s trick-or-treat hours are 6 to 8 p.m. on Halloween.

The annual Hallelujah Festival is 5 to 8 p.m. at Robinwood Assembly of God, Robinson. The event is open to children ages 12 and younger. Organizers ask that children not wear masks. Admission is free and prizes and candy will be available. The church is at 11157 N. Trimble Road, Robinson. For more information, call 544-3313.

The Halloween Alternative at Outer West Market Church of Christ is 6 to 8 p.m. Oct. 31 in the fellowship hall

The Palestine Eagles will host a children’s Halloween Party from 1 to 3 p.m. Oct. 22. It is open to children newborn through fifth grade. There will be snacks and games and prizes awarded to the prettiest, most original and scariest costumes.

Lincoln Trail College’s annual Trick or Treat at the Trail is 4 to 7 p.m. Oct. 27 at LTC. Children can wander the decorated campus while collecting goodies.

Haunted Houses a little further away….

At Eastern Illinois University in Charleston, Pemberton Hall will present Middleton Manor Haunted House on October 26 and 27 from 8-11 pm.  Admission is $2 and all proceeds go to HOPE Domestic Violence Shelter.

In Terre Haute, Shattered Nightmare at 1609 Lafayette Ave is open Fridays and Saturdays from 7- midnight during October.

In Terre Haute, Shadow Asylum at 949 North 10th Street is open Fridays and Saturdays in October from 7 p.m.-midnight. It’s also open on  Halloween.

In Terre Haute’s Deming Park, Haunted Halloween Happenings takes place on October 26 and 27 from 7:30-10 pm and features haunted train rides, haunted hayrides, and (new this year!) a haunted house.

In Brazil, Terror Mansion, a two story haunted house located at 211 N. Walnut Street in Brazil, is open Fridays and Saturdays in October from 7 -11 pm.

About the Writers
Dallas Kidwell, Editor

This is my second year in Journalism, I took this class two years in a row because you find out a lot about what goes on in school and the community. This...

Megan Drum, Contributor

This is my first year in Journalism, and I chose this class because I want to get more experience in writing. The two things that I like to do outside...