Why Should You Drink More Water?

Macy Biggs, Contributor

Water is one thing that is essential for the well-being and functionality of a human body, and it is recommended that one should drink at least sixty-four ounces of water.  It is also suggested that with activity you drink more water to offset the perspiration water loss of your body.  Students at PHS are allowed to have clear containers of water throughout the day, as many students are athletes.  This privilege ensures that students are allowed and able to drink throughout the day to stay hydrated for things like track or baseball.

This allows for the kidneys and other organs of the organism to perform as they should to rid the body of wastes.  Drinking enough water also ensures that your body digest and absorbs nutrients as it should.  It helps the body to prevent dehydration, which can help with skin disorders and keeping skin hydrated by the excretion of excess fluids from the kidneys.  Drinking H2O can also regulate body temperature by preventing the storage of heat that can be caused by lack of hydration.

While drinking water, it is very important to consider that we should not over hydrate our bodies, because that can cause other serious issues.  Keeping these things in mind will allow you to healthily and properly hydrate your body and all its functioning units, while taking advantage of the water bottle privilege that PHS provides to keep you healthy!