Miley Cyrus’s 1st Grammy and Performance

Miley Cyrus has been in the music industry for 17 years and has never won a Grammy, but this year was different.  On February 4, 2024 Miley finally won not only one but two Grammy Awards. She won these awards under the categories of Record of The Year and Best Pop Solo performance. Along with the winnings of these awards, she also performed her global No. 1 single “Flowers”.

In this performance you can notice the excitement of Miley as she let loose on the stage. If anyone grew up watching Hannah Montana, you would just view this as Miley being Miley, the fun excited girl that all girls my age grew up watching. During her performance she started singing and after the lyrics, “Started to cry, then remembered….” and then instead of singing the regular lyrics she then shouted “I just won my first Grammy!” and started dancing on the stage out of joy and happiness.

After her performance, she did have another nomination for Record of The Year, which she did, in fact, take home. That was just the cherry on top of the amazing night that she had. Miley did vow that by night’s end she would not let the two Grammys that she won or her career accomplishments get to her head. In her Record of The Year speech, she simply stated, “This award is amazing, but I really hope that it doesn’t change anything, because my life was beautiful yesterday. Not everyone in the world will get a Grammy, but everyone in this world is spectacular. So please don’t think that this is important, even though this is very important, right guys? We’re very excited to put this on the piano.”

Miley ended her night off with a classy, humble speech to show that just because she won an award doesn’t mean it will change anything. I’m excited to see what she brings to the table in the future, and we all know that Miley will just be Miley.