Illinois State Scholar Recognition Night

Being an Illinois State Scholar is a very prestigious honor for select high school seniors. It helps show that these students are very serious about their academics. These select seniors are a part of the top 10% of all high school seniors in Illinois. Which why it is an honor that looks very good on scholarship applications.

For seniors to qualify as an Illinois State Scholar there are a couple of things that are taken into consideration. The qualifications for becoming an Illinois State Scholar is based on a student’s class rank, unweighted GPA, and SAT or ACT test scores. Everything that is taken into consideration is based on the seniors 6th semester of high school, which is the last semester of junior year.

On Tuesday January 30th, the Illinois State Scholars from Oblong, Palestine, and Hutsonville are going to be recognized at the boys basketball game in Oblong. During halftime of the varsity game against Red Hill is when the seniors will be announced. The Illinois State Scholars from Oblong include Ethan Dhom, Ava Manual, and Kyndal Roy. The Illinois State Scholar from Palestine is Cydney Pethtel.

This is such a big accomplishment for all four of these students, and everyone couldn’t be happier for them. So if you aren’t doing anything on January 30th at 6pm, come out to Oblong to help support the OPH Wildcats as they face off against Red Hill, and the OPH Illinois State Scholars for all their hard earned accomplishments.