Taylor Swift Breaks Elvis Presley’s Record

Taylor Swift Breaks Elvis Presleys Record

Taylor Swift rung in the new year by breaking another record!

When “1989 (Taylor’s Version)” spent its fifth non-consecutive week at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart, the global pop superstar surpassed Elvis Presley’s record for solo artist with the most weeks spent atop the music chart. Across the 13 original albums and re-releases that have topped the charts, Swift has spent 68 weeks at No. 1 on the Billboard 200, the most for any solo artist. Only The Beatles have more weeks at No. 1, cataloging 132 weeks atop the charts across 19 albums.

Billboard claims that Swift’s sophomore album “Fearless,” which topped the charts for 11 weeks in 2008 and 2009, was her first No. 1 album. Her third album “Speak Now” peaked at No. 1 for six weeks in 2010 and 2011, “Red” lasted seven weeks at No. 1 in 2012 and 2013, “1989” lasted eleven weeks at No. 1, “Reputation” lasted four weeks, and “Lover” ruled the charts for just one week. The singer spent a total of 15 weeks at No. 1 with the songs “Folklore,” “Evermore,” “Fearless (Taylor’s Version),” and “Red (Taylor’s Version)” in 2020 and 2021. “Midnights” topped the chart for six weeks, “Speak Now (Taylor’s Version)” topped the chart for two weeks in 2023, and “1989 (Taylor’s Version)” recently completed its sixth week at the top.