Pioneer City in Vegas

It is the most wonderful time of year if you are a rodeo fan. The National Finals Rodeo kicked off its 65th year in Las Vegas on Thursday. Along with the rodeo, the beginning of the rodeo means awards and recognition for those deserving rodeos and committees who work so hard all year to listen to the contestants needs and make them happen.

This year, our very own Pioneer City Rodeo was on the list of recognition. The WPRA, Women’s Professional Rodeo Association, recognized the Pioneer City Rodeo as Small Rodeo of the year! That is an extremely big honor to receive. Not only was this award amazing in itself, but the news that it would be given in Las Vegas during the NFR was even more exciting.

Clint Knoblett represented the chamber and made the trip to Vegas to accept the award on the chamber of commerces part. When interviewed on stage, Clint thanked all who had pushed for them to receive the award and told the crowd how honored the Pioneer City Rodeo was to receive it. The chamber has received the Justin Best footing award twice in the past, but has never received this big of an award before.

Palestine should be proud of the hard work the the chamber members do to put on our small town rodeo. I know I am. Without that hard work, this special piece of hardware wouldn’t be heading back to Palestine Illinois.

View Comments (1)