Santa Day

Santa+Day

December 12th, 2023 from 3:30pm to 4:30pm Santa is coming to the Palestine Grade School for children in Kindergarten through second grade. I still remember the days when I enjoyed “Santa Day” when I was a small child. Christmas is such a magical time for children when they are young. Children look forward to Christmas all year long. For our teachers and faculty to put on this event to spread the Christmas magic is an act of pure kindness. When you see a small child always think about your younger years and how you felt at Christmas time. Ask them about Santa and engage with their imagination. Some of the things I remember are seeing others acting as “Santa’s Elves.” They would dress up as elves and spread all the Christmas magic to others. I would also track Santa on Christmas eve. We had to know where he was to know if we had time to go to sleep or put those milk and cookies out! But then I would always try and stay up and catch him but I somehow always managed to fall asleep before he came! My parents would take me to “Santa’s house” in Robinson, IL. They always told me Santa’s reindeer were parked out back… and I believed them. We would always go through different towns and look at Christmas lights. Christmas countdowns were a must at our house. You didn’t want to lose track of how many sleeps until Santa came. Then finally the elf… every year the elf would arrive shortly after Thanksgiving and report back to Santa every night. Be sure to make Christmas magical for the young ones in your life. It is something they will remember forever.