New School Upgrades

Surprise!
The+back+door+with+the+new+buzzer.+
Cydney Pethtel
The back door with the new buzzer.

PHS students are about to get the surprise they have been dreaming about and waiting for. For at least two years now, students have asked about getting a buzzer put in at the parking lot entrance so they would not have to walk around the building after their off campus class or appointment. Students did not appreciate having to walk in the rain, snow, and freezing conditions before getting to class. Students will no longer have to take extra time to walk around the school to get to the main entrance on Main Street. 

Starting today, October 23rd, Security Alarm is starting all of the necessary work in the building in order to put the new buzzer in at the parking lot entrance. Mr. Will believes that Security Alarm will be finished with the upgrade by next week, just in time for the new quarter. The district has used Security Alarm numerous times when it has come to security upgrades. In 2019, the company put in the door buzzer on the main entrance, which allowed for easier and safer measures when it came to letting people in the building. They have also done work on the fire alarm system and security cameras in the hallways. 

The school was able to get a grant that helped pay for the new buzzer system. Mr. Will thinks that the new buzzer on the back door will be beneficial for the school. He only wants the buzzer to be used by staff and students as a safety precaution. Mr. Will also says, “In the future, I hope that we are able to get more grants in order to put security cameras outside the school. I’d like to have more visibility of the parking lot and other parts of the school to make the school even more protected.”