Get Involved in High School!

Krescene Holscher, Editor

All around the world, there are high schools with various clubs, sports, and events. It is important to get involved in these extracurricular activities because they offer both an outlet and great opportunities for many students.

I have been involved in nearly every club we offer throughout my years at Palestine High School. I have been able to learn several different skills as well as go on some amazing trips. Just one example is our high school Drama Club. The productions that we put on each year help pay for a trip to a big-time performance at a large-scale theater. I have gone to Beef & Boards in Indianapolis and the Fabulous Fox in St. Louis with the Drama Club.

Makinley Bonesteel also agrees that involvement is critical in high school. She says, “You’re only a high school student for 4 years, and those 4 years fly by. You’re only young once so take the chance and enjoy those high school years while you can because you’ll never get them back. Not to mention, being involved is super fun!”

High school extracurriculars add to the fun of high school. They bring friendships you otherwise would not have expected. There are laughs, and there are opportunities…not to mention, many of them look good on resumes! Take a chance on one or two…or a few more! Check out the attached pictures for a glimpse at some of the fun I have had!