Freshman Spotlight: Devin Lawyer

Kiesha Wiseman

Freshman, Devin Lawyer

Keisha Wiseman, Contributor

This week I had the privilege of interviewing freshman, Devin Lawyer. I’m sure when all of us first entered high school we were all very scared of the experience that we would be going through. So to make things easier, let me introduce to all of you, Devin Lawyer.

Devin’s favorite part about high school is the level of education he is receiving, and furthering his experience as a student at Palestine High School. He did say how he was a little nervous about having to adapt quickly, and how his classes would be. I did ask him what his least favorite part of being a freshman at our high school was and he said, “It would have to be the stairs.” 

I would also like to mention that Devin’s favorite class is Biology 1. Devin told me the reason of why Bio is his favorite class is because of  Mr. Smith’s fun and enthusiastic energy that he gives off. He also likes how of how polite he is.

Devin said in his free time he likes to hang out with his friends, drive around, and play basketball. I asked Devin what he is involved in and what he likes about each one. He said he is very much into basketball and student council. The reason why he likes basketball is because it makes him determined and motivates him. The reason why he likes being in student council is because he likes to help and improve the school. 

I also had a few more questions for our new freshman, Devin. For example, I asked what he would like to be when he “grows up” and I’m sure we can all guess his response. Devin would like to become a professional basketball player. Other than that, he has no interest in anything else right now other than working hard toward achieving his dreams.

Forrest Gump is Devin’s favorite movie, and his favorite foods are cheeseburgers and other basic foods.

I think Devin will have a great time at our high school. We are so glad to have him as one of the students this year. High school will fly past. Make sure to put in the work and the effort, but also take some time to focus on yourself. Mr. Will also wanted to mention that Devin is a great guy!