Palestine Academic Foundation

The Palestine Academic Foundation(PAF) was founded on October 1, 1993. The idea behind PAF was to help play an important role in the future of our children and their education. The Foundation’s commitment starts where the Palestine school district’s means end.

PAF often funds more daily necessities for the grade and high schools. These daily needs include field trips, transportation, and academic resources.

There are times where PAF funds bigger projects. These projects include Accelerated Reader, Teachers-Pay-Teachers and other online sources that all teachers have access to.

The Palestine Academic Foundation also has a few scholarships that they award to seniors in the spring of each year.  The Mefford Family Scholarship and Dickinson Scholarship have been a part of the Foundation’s agenda to help students further their education for several years now.  There is also a scholarship opportunity available through the foundation provided by the Dickinson family for anyone that is looking to return to school and achieve their masters degree. If anyone is interested in this they just need to reach out to the Foundation for more information. The Foundation hopes that they can continue to give these scholarships out for many years to come.

The Palestine Academic Foundation has held several fundraisers to help get the money they need to continue supporting and furthering the educational needs of students in our district. Pancake breakfasts, cookouts, and fun nights are a few fundraisers that the Foundation has held in the past. There were even a few years that they sponsored donkey basketball, but the last year they did this was back in 2019. Be on the lookout for a new fundraiser coming soon! PAF is a non-profit organization, so every dollar that they raise or get from donations goes directly to the students.

PAF is made up of community members that volunteer their time. They are always looking for more members that are willing to help make a difference for the students in the school system. Members typically meet once a month on the first Monday during the school year to discuss matters and any requests that they have received. If there is anyone that is interested or thinking about joining the Palestine Academic Foundation, please don’t be afraid to contact one of the schools for further contact information.